Monday 18 February 2008

Just becase the blogging's slowed, doesn't mean the running has!

I have been training, and I have been doing well, even with a 3 week setback of a ruptured hamstring from almost-but-not-quite falling over into the horrid mud on Hampstead Heath.

Yesterday I broke the 10 mile barrier. I always feel better after running a 10 miler, because now I know that I can do 10 miles, then that means I'll probably manage to do 15 ok. Then when I can run 15 I'll be pretty much able to run 20 and I know I can walk 10k so there's the marathon cracked!

At the moment I don't have a great hope of finishing in any respectable time, but ya know what? As long as I do my very best and train as hard and as sensibly as I can, then I will be proud no matter what.

3 comments:

Lea Johnston said...

Good to read all this.. I'm in the same boat. Running for DEMAND in the FLM. Had big Knee problem for the last 6 weeks but yesterday broke the 10 mile marker.

It hurts, I know! Just wanted to say Good Luck, and keep up the hard work!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

hi there,
I got the bags printed at
www.artscreen.co.uk they are fab