Monday 9 July 2007

10 miles of hard SLOG people!!!!!!!

Ok, so my workout regieme for the week goes like this:

Tuesday - kickboxing, 2 hours
Thursday - kickboxing, 2 hours, including sparring which wipes me out!
Friday - kickboxing, 1 hour, private lesson - hard work and grappling

So when I decided to go for a 10 mile run on Saturday, well, you can guess it wasn't the most positive of experiences!

After about 2 miles I was flaking out - I hadn't eaten enough before I left and I was getting dehydrated. I made it to about the 5 mile mark without much knee pain. Then because I was running into the Tour De France I had to stand around trying to get over the bridges - the QUEUES people!!!!!!!!!!!

Then after making my way out of the park again I sat down with a banana and some Pepsi and rested my knee and throbbing toe.

I just about made it home again by running one block and walking one block. It was a good compromise.

Oh and funny thing - I was running north of Oxford Street to avoid the crowds and was passing Marylebone Police Station when I see two rich laydees coming towards me, they are both filling the pavement and I am running right next to the railings. There is no-where for me to go, so I eye-ball them. And keep staring at them until I SMASH into the nearest lady (who was wearing big fuck-off shades) with my shoulder. She gasped the indignant gasp of the rich and non-sweaty. So I just shouted "Sorry..." over my shoulder.... and to myself, "bitch!". Heh! The amusement kept me going for a little while. Hah!

No comments: