Monday 16 July 2007

BUPA Great Capital Run

Well initially I was all set to go for a PB. I've been training over longer distances, I have stronger legs and I was well psyched up.

I finished in 1 hour 23 minutes. I am GUTTED. That's 12 minutes over my usual 10K time. I pushed really really hard in the second half, and when I saw the clock at the finish line I just wanted to walk because I'd blown it, but I kept on going because at least I can say I tried my hardest.

I think I set off a bit fast, then I was walking at 1.5k and took walking intervals up to about 5k. After that I was looking for Helen, which took my mind off my legs. Then I took some more walking breaks and it was all downhill from there.

Well at least I know what I am capable off at the moment.

My knee started whinging at about 8k, and it's still a bit funny this morning, but hopefully some ibuprofen gel and some nice icing tonight will sort it out.

No comments: