Thursday 16 August 2007

Marathon training has resumed!

Last night I did 3 miles. In the MIDDLE OF THE WEEK PEOPLE!!!! I am aiming for a middle-week short run, a Friday morning Hill Sprint session and a Sunday long run.

Last night was fun because I was running to meet DH walking home from work, which he was lazy about because it was raining! As soon as I stepped out of the door the heavens opened! I'm glad it poured down while I was running rather than while I was biking. Bald tyres do not a good grip make!

Tonight I'm teaching the ladies class at MMA and part of me really doesn't want to, but I will go because there is no-one else and I don't have to participate, just shout!

Tomorrow is my first hill sprints since the broken ribness and then Sunday is a 12 miler. I'm marginally concerned that I might find 12 miles a bit long, but I will just do the distance whether I have to walk a bit or not. I hope to put myself in a more positive frame of mind by then and I shall try and run all the way.

No comments: