Monday 20 August 2007

Ooooh ooooh ooooooooooooooooooh!

I did my first long run since I've been back to it!

I was aiming for 12 miles, but it ended up being about 10 or perhaps 11. DH came out to keep me company which is amusing because I jog at a pace that is only slightly faster than his walking pace, so he ends up walking, then running about 10 meters to catch up!

We started at home, then went down Finchley Road to the Regent's Canal and all along the canal to Limehouse Basin. It was a really lovely run and I felt fairly confident. It took us ages but we did have to stop to buy water at Camden, and then we got mildly lost in Islington where the canal goes under a really long tunnel and there are no signposts about how to get to the other side! Surprisingly it goes directly under the shopping centre on Upper Street!

My wierd knee/ITBS pain stuff is mildy playing up. I think it happened at about mile 7 or 8. I walked the last mile because I was tired and we ran out of cookies and water! I now have a lovely ice pack strapped to my knee with a bandana! LOL Fortunately I'm wearing pretty baggy jeans today.

Next week I just have to think of somewhere to go for 14 miles!

No comments: