Thursday 13 September 2007

Going Someplace?

This is starting to worry me!

I am due for an 18 miler on Sunday. Now yeah ok, I "ran" 16 miles the other week ending with 4 miles of knitting-needles-in-kneecaps but apart from that.... So technically my body can go the distance.

I am plotting out my route because I have been asked to a barbecue at a friend's house on Sunday afternoon. Said friend lives approximately 20 miles away, give or take. Now my plan is to run there, have LOTS of food and get the train back. It's mildly disconcerting how small London is becoming. To think that I am able to cover the distance between houses ON FOOT where it will usually take me over an hour on the motorbike is stupendously mind-boggling.

1 comment:

YP said...

It's not just me then?! If I have to go anywhere in West Yorkshire my first thought tends to be "can I run it", and if I can't "will I get there on the bike"...