Wednesday 26 September 2007

It's been a while

And for good reason. I had a couple of changes to schedule. First off the BBQ was postponed, so I had an 18 mile run to do anywhere I chose. I was going to run on the Sunday, but I got an attack of nerves and didn't do it. I couldn't find a decent route and I didn't really want to go out.

Instead of running the 18 miles, we went out for a nice walk in some woods and I decided to take the day off work on Tuesday and run 18 miles to kickboxing.

The day set off well, I had all my things ready, took a nice big bottle of lucozade with me, a tin foil cape for afterwards, some sweets and some money for anything I might need, and my oyster card to get back home from kickboxing with.

I got to Little Venice when my knee started grumbling a little bit. I had knee supports on both knees and so I started running on the grassy bits. Then I just couldn't take it. I sat down on a bench and thought about what to do. I decided to get the bus home and rest the knee for a while. By the time I'd walked home from the bus stop I was in agony.

I iced and raised and rested for the rest of the day, and then went kickboxing!

I've spent the last week stretching and doing strengthening exercises for my ITBS. I've also ordered some new shoes, and hopefully they'll be here before the Great North Run this weekend.

Last night at kickboxing I got some more sponsorship money for my efforts, so if you're reading this and haven't yet sponsored me, get your guilt on and click on that there widget for justgiving and flex your credit card! Ta!

No comments: