Saturday 24 March 2007

A Harrod's shoe dahling!

On Saturday I dragged DH to Harrods to get me fitted for some made-to measure miadidas running shoes. It took AGES!

The first thing they do is measure your feet. To the 0.1mm!!! Which is all well and good, but they still only make "standard" sizes. Then you get to choose the colour. JOY! And what you'd like embroidered on them... I am getting "Lightning" done on my pair. Fortunately I spotted the spelling mistake before the shop assistant finalised it. I would've looked a right numpty with Lightining written on my shoes. So I have very garish shoes now. Or at least I will have them in about 4-6 weeks.

I have one foot longer than the other and it would've been really nice to be able to get my right shoe half a size bigger than my left - I think sometimes I get toe pain in my right foot from this problemo. However the size 9.5 shoe had the arch in a funny place and wasn't at all comfortable, so I have settled for a shorter shoe. I think it might be ok.

I tried the trial shoes out on the treadmill they had instore. Did I remember to wear a sports bra? NO! Did I wear clothes that would support and cover my chest area whilst running? NO! So here's me running on a treadmill with the girls trying to break free and all the posh people watching... Humph! I'm sure one couple just stood and watched me for the sheer amusement value.

I walked round town for the rest of the day in my Caterpillar boots, which have no arch support to speak of and aren't very flexible. I sat in the cinema and by the end of the film my right knee was grumping at me. Hopefully it will be ok for my run tomorrow.

No comments: