Monday 26 March 2007

The return of the grumpy knee!

Ack! Well I managed to run almost to Brent Cross. Then someone tried to prise my kneecap off with a screwdriver. Or at least that's what it felt like anyway. Gah!

We have a combination of factors that might have caused it.

1) Unsupportive Cat boots that I was wearing yesterday.
2) Worn-out trainers - I've had them over a year and I trained for my half-marathon in them, so it's probably time they went in the bin.
3) Downhill running. I'm not particularly good at this and I felt like I might've put more pressure on my knee than it could've coped with.
4) I started off rather fast...

But apart from that, it was quite a nice run! I had my shuffle with me - I had Hanson singing MmmBop! to start off with! Makes me smile. Also made me run fast. Then we had the Spice Girls doing Spice Up Your Life for a little while and eventually when I wanted to slow down the pace I got Tina Turner doing Simply the Best! Simply the Best always reminds me of some stupid radio advert they used to play on my local radio station when I was 7... Simply the best, South Cleveland Garages, better than all the rest, South Cleveland Garages.... I think they'd probably get done for that now! South Cleveland Garages, off the trunk road, the difference is we care! Oh the susceptible fragile mind!

So I ran 2 miles before my knee conked out on me. Then I got LOST and had to walk back the way I'd come, but I made it to Brent Cross ok.

I got home and iced my knee and ate brownie. Well half a brownie. It didn't taste as good as I expected... I think I'm going off chocolate! Madness!

No comments: